A look inside my mind...

If you are looking for the sermon from 8/22/10, just scroll down to the next post, titled "You Are Set Free" or click here. If you want to learn a little about my thought process in writing it, just keep reading....

In case you have ever wondered how a minister organizes their thoughts, I thought I would share a bit of my madness/method. Generally I spend time in prayer, meditation, and study before I begin. Then I use a process called mind mapping to look for connections between the texts. From that I discern the essential truth of the texts. I will often use that as a direction to move toward, rather than a thesis to unpack or defend. So, my though process tends to be more inductive than deductive. Anyway, here's the mind map for my next sermon, "You Are Set Free."
Post a Comment

Popular Posts